Consider another example. This is from twitter
One of the reasons why so much importance is being given to that is, real world is chaotic. Unstructured. No business wants to compromise on speed/delivery. In some situations clarity arrives as you start walking. This can be seen with so many start-ups who start with some product and end up somewhere else.
In my past experience below are some frameworks/mental models which can be used to deal with situations like these
- Make certain assumptions about task at hand. Validate assumptions based on past experience or with relevant stake holders.
- Be prepared to Improvise. Some of assumptions you make could fail.
- In case of failure of assumptions, be aware of risks. How much you can absorb.
- Below are some techniques to solve the task/project/problem at end
a. Break problems into smaller problem
c. Working backword.
d. Check for similar problems which has been solved to get idea
5. Try to connect dots. Revisit the narrative/story line. Discuss. Talk to people. Visualise various scenarios
6. Last but not least intent of solving is very very important. If there is no intention , even simple problems cannot be solved